2nd Edition c2005. 600 pages with coloured illustrations. Pick up only.
* This second edition enables business students to see the relevance of economics to their lives and their future careers. The text contains numerous real-world examples drawn from Australia, New Zealand, Asia and other parts of the world. Authors Layton & Robinson from Queensland University of Technology.
* 1. Introducing the economic way of thinking
* 2. Production possibilities and opportunity cost
* 3. Market demand and supply
* 4. Markets in action
* 5. Elasticity of demand and supply p
* 6. Production costs
* 7. Perfect competition
* 8. Monopoly
* 9. Monopolistic competition and oligopoly
* 10. Labour markets and microeconomic reform
* 11. Measuring the size of the economy
* 12. Business cycles and economic growth
* 13. Inflation and unemployment
* 14. A simple model of the macro economy .
* 15. The monetary and financial system
* 16. Macroeconomic policy I. Monetary policy
* 17. Macroeconomic policy II. Fiscal policy
* 18. International trade and finance.
University of Southern Queensland by Glenn Hubbard, Anne Garnett, Philip Lewis & Tony O'Brien.
The authors of this text believe that students can learn to apply economics principles successfully if they learn them in a familiar context. By using a wealth of relevant global and local businesses examples and case studies, Essentials of Economics makes the subject relevant and meaningful.
Pick up only
We don't officially support your browser
It looks like you’re using an older browser version which this site doesn’t officially support.
Please consider upgrading your browser here, or switching to a free alternative such as
FireFox or Google's Chrome to optimise your experience using our site.